October 7, 2010

Durant Not Focused on MVP Title

Per The Oklahoman, Kevin Durant said taking home this season's MVP award is not a personal goal of his. "I don't set individual goals like that," Durant said. "The only goals I set for myself is to try to have a better season than I did last year. That's about it. I don't have to score more points, or get more rebounds or get more assists. But if I got better throughout the season is how I determine if I had a better season than last year." In the league's annual preseason poll of NBA general managers, 66.7 percent of GMs picked Durant to win this year's MVP award. GMs were not permitted to vote for their own team or players. Durant, however, said the prediction doesn't mean anything for him. "I mean, it's cool but it doesn't really mean too much," Durant said. In the same poll, 55.6 percent of GMs selected Durant as the player they would sign first if they were starting a franchise from scratch. LeBron James finished second with 25.9 percent of the vote. (The Oklahoman)

0 comments:

Text Widget




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

About

Blogger news

Feature Label Area

300x250 AD TOP

recent posts

Flickr

Flickr Images